Located in a secluded mountain valley just 20 minutes from the Chiang Mai International Airport, this luxury residence is superbly suited for a commuting executive, an extended family vacation home, or a corporate retreat for a small to medium sized company. For sale by the designers / owners, this property located on 6 rai (2.4 acres) is offered fully furnished at 65 million baht.
This stunning executive residence is nestled in a grove of fully grown teak trees and surrounded by 6 rai (2.4 acres) of maintained garden with over 100 mixed fruit and forest trees. Accessed via private lane and remote controlled power gate, this incredibly spacious home has over 1,000 square meters of bright and open area, each room boasting beautiful views of surrounding gardens and mountains through oversized windows.
Designed for guests and entertaining, you’ll find an expansive open-plan Western kitchen with dining seating for 12 inside and an attached covered veranda that seats additional guests. Expansive two-story high windows give the living room superb views. The dedicated media room has full reclining seats for 6 and features large screen TV with surround sound.
Four guest suites and a separate guest kitchenette are located on one wing. Each suite has direct access to beautifully tiled covered verandas and balconies, private attached bath, and large walk-in dressing / closet. Each guest bath is large and light, with dual wash basins, glassed-in shower, full-size tub and private toilet room.
The master suite has a walk-through dressing / closet and a special expansion room that can be used as a nursery, private media room or office that opens onto a private second floor balcony with marvelous views. Even the master bathroom boasts remarkable views with dual showers, large whirlpool tub, separate his and hers oversized vanities and a second built-in washing machine. Two carports / garages have generous covered parking for 4 cars and each has a spacious bedroom with private bath for staff.
The home was built in 2007-8 by a quality local contractor specializing in custom executive residences. The construction project was monitored on a daily basis by the owners / designers. You will find this home was truly built-to-last with the most dependable and durable materials and a high level of craftsmanship.
• Roof tile is top of the line product of Cotto (Siam Cement)
• Tiles are underlain by aluminum coated fabric sheet insulation over entire roof
• All air-conditioned spaces on the upper floor have an additional aluminum fabric covered fiberglass batt insulation resting on the attic side of the ceiling for increased energy efficiency
• 160 Kva Step-down transformer provides power for home from Electrical Authority’s high voltage supply
• Transformer is sized adequately to allow two more homes of equal size to be built on the property
• Incoming high voltage lines are dedicated, not shared with other owners
• Power is delivered to home via underground cable keeping all visible overhead lines a distance of over 100 meters from house
• All rooms have multiple power outlets, significantly in excess of normal local residential construction, for added convenience
• All bulbs in house are energy-efficient compact fluorescent type
• Additional interior switch controlled circuits have been stubbed into sub-ground level boxes in both front and back yards for future exterior lighting and swimming pool installation
• One well drilled to 80 meters and fitted with automatic submersible pump provides household water
• Two surface water wells have been dug to provide backup or irrigation water if required
• Complete water treatment plant includes chlorination, sediment removal, odor and taste removal, and water softening
• Water storage tanks provide 4 cubic meters of chlorinated unfiltered water and an additional 4 cubic meters of finally treated water stock
• House is supplied by dual pumps that can be zoned or used in series to provide backup in case of failure of one pump
• Drinking water is made using treated water as input to an auto-recycling reverse osmosis filter system
• Underground water resource is conserved by purchasing open pond water on gravity feed for yard and garden (current rate 7 baht per cubic meter, provided by neighboring land owner)
• Soils boring analysis conducted prior to engineering and construction
• Foundation rests on 105 driven concrete piles of 10m length
• All pillars and beams engineered for bearing double walls
• No changes to location of walls or roof during construction so loads remained exactly as engineered
• Steel reinforcing bar checked against engineering plan by owner in every beam and pillar prior to concrete pour
• All exterior walls and most interior walls are double walls with air gap for insulation and for aesthetics (no visible pillars in corners of rooms or along walls)
• All finish brick walls are wire tied to the interior walls on approx. 50 cm centers
• All exterior walls have an added rough plaster moisture barrier and concrete drain tray with weep hole to ensure interior walls remain completely dry
• Most exterior walls are finish brick with tooled joints to maximize durability and minimize need for exterior surface maintenance
• All rooms (with the exception of bathrooms) are wired with either single or double:
• co-ax cable outlets for TV distribution
• telephone outlet jacks
• LAN outlet jacks for wired communications / internet
• All distribution cables terminate in central control room where patching can be customized without running any additional wiring
• Satellite dish (PSI) is installed and operating
• Internet via satellite (IPStar) is installed and operating over both wired and wireless systems in the house
• Phone lines have been stubbed out to street awaiting network expansion by TOT
• US-made Ademco security system installed with 3 keypads, interior motion sensors and wireless remote key fobs
• All bathroom walls are tiled completely to ceiling
• All bathroom fixtures and fittings are upper end Cotto brand
• All wood floors are Afzalia (Ma Kha) made up of large 4”x18” size parquet
• All main floor ceilings are 3.2 meters or greater in height
• All upper floor ceilings are 2.8 meters or greater in height
• All countertops are granite throughout house
• All built-in cabinets are seasoned teak, with full depth extension ball bearing glides on all drawers
• House is equipped with 12 split-type Mitsubishi air conditioning units all installed during initial construction with wiring and piping hidden in walls
• House is equipped with 18 lighted ceiling fans
• House is equipped with 16 on-demand water heaters, delivering hot water to all wash basins, sinks, showers, bathtubs and washing machines
• Main kitchen boasts double built-in ovens, a large 5 burner gas cooktop, two microwave ovens, two sinks and two large refrigerator / freezers.
To obtain additional information or to arrange a private tour of the property, please contact Frederick at 081 441 6552, Phensri at 086 885 7858 or e-mail your inquiry to: